Don’t be discouraged by the long list of ingredients in this recipe, if buy them and you follow my blog, you will find plenty of recipes to use the remaining nuts and seeds. I have them in my cupboard so I will find a use for them later
Easy to make, raw, all natural, rich in protein, calcium, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients, sweet and tasty … here is how an energy bar should be made
1/3 cup of raw sesame seeds
2/3 cup of raw cashews
1/3 cup of chia seeds
2/3 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
12 dates (about 1/2 cup)
25 dried apricots (about 1 cup)
1 tbsp of cacao butter
2 tsp of vanilla extract
4 tsp of orange zest ( grated orange peel)
1-2 tsp of orange juice
1/4 tsp of salt
- In a food processor start by blending the chia seeds for 20 seconds or until they get somewhat powdery.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients except the coconut and blend until creamy (this will take several minutes)
- Add the coconut and hit the pulse button a few times to mix.
- Spread and flatten the dough on parchment paper to 1 inch thick.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cut into bars or squares.
Store in the fridge in an airtight container