With all due respect to my vegetarian and vegan friends, an admission: I love fatty meats! The more marbled the better, but not all my recipes can call for rib eye roast, so I created this one for those who like leaner cuts. This one is also among the most affordable cuts, because its lack of marbling can make it really tough when using conventional dry-heat cooking methods…nothing a slow cooker can’t fix.
If you prefer using a different kind of roasting meat, go for it!
3 lb eye of round roast
2 medium onions, sliced
1 cup of beef broth
3-4 tbsp of arrowroot powder
1/3 cup of balsamic vinegar
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 Roma tomato, sliced
1 medium carrot, finely shredded
1 tbsp of thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
- Dissolve the arrowroot powder in the broth.
- Put the sliced onions and carrots at the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the rest of ingredients, rub the meat with salt and pepper, placed on top and cook on low heat for 8 hours.
- If the roast is too dry, slice, cover with the onions and sauce and cook for an additional hour.
Primal Life Kit isn't just another e-book bundle. When I first saw the list of contributing authors, my jaw just dropped. Most of the primal/paleo public figures that I look up to and have inspired me throughout my paleo/primal journey are participating in this life-changing bundle. I am excited to see Mark Sisson, Sarah Ballantyne, Loren Cordain, and many others on this list. These are the people who have helped me regain my health through real food. Whether you are looking to start a new healthier lifestyle or are just in need of more recipes and ideas to support your current goals, this bundle has all the information and support that you need.
What's The Primal Life Kit?The people at PaleoPlan.com have put together a really exciting opportunity for you! When you purchase the $39 Primal Life Kit, you get 49 ebooks and other online products plus 14 discounts worth over $1500:
- 35 Paleo and Primal e-Cookbooks and Informational eBooks ($498 Value)
- 3 research papers by Dr. Loren Cordain ($15 Value)
- 1 Online Cooking Club subscription ($39 Value)
- 3 Fitness Programs ($67 Value)
- 2 Paleo Challenges ($44 Value)
- 2 Meal Plans ($69 Value)
- 2 Online Magazine Subscriptions ($36 Value)
- 1 Bonus Video about Eating Paleo on the Road
- 14 Discounts ($757+ Value) Learn more about it here