It’s called pound cake because it originally was made with one pound of butter, one pound of eggs, one pound of sugar and one pound of wheat flour. I kept the eggs and got rid of everything else, without compromising its taste or its dense texture.
I baked this for my daughter’s birthday and it was a total hit!
1/2 cup of coconut flour
1 tbsp of vanilla
1/4 tsp of baking soda
1/4 tsp of baking powder
1/2 cup of coconut oil
1/4 tsp of sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Using an immersion blender, food processor or regular blender mix all ingredients together, except the coconut flour, until dates are dissolved.
- Mix in the coconut flour.
- Pour batter into a well-greased bread loaf baking pan or a 7.5 inch round baking pan.
- Flatten the top using a spoon or moist hands
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until you can stick a knife in the cake and comes out dry.
- Let cool, remove from mold, eat as is or decorate with vanilla cream frosting or your favorite frosting