Eggshells are considered waste by most, but there are many uses for them; they are often used as fertilizer or to deter slugs from your garden, unfortunately most people don’t know about their nutritional value.
Eggshells are made about 90-95% calcium carbonate that is easily absorbable by our bodies; one medium-sized egg hell contains about 800 mg of absorbable calcium and about 27 microelements including magnesium, boron, copper, iron, manganese, molybdenum, sulphur, zinc, etc
- Clean and dry the eggshells. I simply rinse mine and remove the egg whites but some soak them in boiling water for a minute or 2 (do not remove the membrane because it contains a lot of nutrients
- Pulverize using a coffee grinder, food processor, or blender. Coffee grinder works best
- Combine 1/2 tsp of eggshell powder and the juice of 1/2 lemon, this step helps make the calcium more absorbable
- Let soak at room temperature for 6-10 hours (no longer than 12)
One egg makes about 1 teaspoon of powder Most people require about 400 mg of calcium daily (about 1/2 teaspoon or 1/2 eggshell)
Calcium supplements can help with the following;
Arthritis, back ache, cramps, bone pain, high blood pressure, lead toxicity or exposure, menopausal women, menstrual cramps, osteoporosis, psychiatric disorders, blood clotting, bone and tooth formation, hormone secretion, brittle fingernails, agitation, cognitive impairment, convulsions, delusions, depression, eczema, heart palpitations, hyperactivity, hypertension, insomnia, irritability, laryngospasm, limb numbness, muscle cramps, periodontal disease, rickets, stunted growth, tetany, tooth decay.
Your daily requirements of calcium may be different, please consult with your physician before taking any supplements.
Information taken from Nourished Magazine and Healthy Online___________________________________________________________________________________
Primal Life Kit isn't just another e-book bundle. When I first saw the list of contributing authors, my jaw just dropped. Most of the primal/paleo public figures that I look up to and have inspired me throughout my paleo/primal journey are participating in this life-changing bundle. I am excited to see Mark Sisson, Sarah Ballantyne, Loren Cordain, and many others on this list. These are the people who have helped me regain my health through real food. Whether you are looking to start a new healthier lifestyle or are just in need of more recipes and ideas to support your current goals, this bundle has all the information and support that you need.
What's The Primal Life Kit?The people at PaleoPlan.com have put together a really exciting opportunity for you! When you purchase the $39 Primal Life Kit, you get 49 ebooks and other online products plus 14 discounts worth over $1500:
- 35 Paleo and Primal e-Cookbooks and Informational eBooks ($498 Value)
- 3 research papers by Dr. Loren Cordain ($15 Value)
- 1 Online Cooking Club subscription ($39 Value)
- 3 Fitness Programs ($67 Value)
- 2 Paleo Challenges ($44 Value)
- 2 Meal Plans ($69 Value)
- 2 Online Magazine Subscriptions ($36 Value)
- 1 Bonus Video about Eating Paleo on the Road
- 14 Discounts ($757+ Value) Learn more about it here