One full cup of mushrooms has only 15 calories, yet, because they are high on fiber they tend to be pretty filling, they are also a good source of B vitamins, selenium, copper and potassium.
This recipe goes great over steaks, inside burgers or lettuce wraps, as pizza topping or as a side dish
2 tbsp of coconut oil, lard or ghee
1 large onion sliced
16 oz of mushrooms sliced
1/3 cup of water or favorite broth
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 to 1 tsp of pepper
2 tsp of garlic powder
2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp of date paste or 2 tbsp of honey
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium – high heat.
- Add onions and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add mushrooms, salt, garlic powder and pepper and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add broth or water and cook until mushrooms are soft.
- Add vinegar and date paste and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.