This Pumpkin Seed Chile Verde recipe is my version of a traditional Mexican recipe with a boost of nutrients and minerals from pumpkin and sesame seeds. It is a mix between chile verde and pipian sauce with the ease and convenience of a slow cooker.
100 grams of dried pumpkin seeds contain over 100% of your recommended dietary allowance of vitamin E, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese and phosphorus and sesame seeds are also rich in iron, calcium, thiamine, copper and zinc
1 lb tomatillos, husked, rinsed and cut in 4
1 cup of broth
4 lbs of pork shoulder roast
1 to 2 jalapeños, stemmed and chopped
1/2 cup of fresh, chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
6 green onions, trimmed and roughly chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and roughly chopped
1 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas), toasted
1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
1/3 cup of almond flour.
Salt and pepper to taste.
- Usind a blender or food processor, blend all the ingredients together, except the meat.
- Place everything in a slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred the pork and mix in with sauce.
Primal Life Kit isn't just another e-book bundle. When I first saw the list of contributing authors, my jaw just dropped. Most of the primal/paleo public figures that I look up to and have inspired me throughout my paleo/primal journey are participating in this life-changing bundle. I am excited to see Mark Sisson, Sarah Ballantyne, Loren Cordain, and many others on this list. These are the people who have helped me regain my health through real food. Whether you are looking to start a new healthier lifestyle or are just in need of more recipes and ideas to support your current goals, this bundle has all the information and support that you need.
What's The Primal Life Kit?The people at PaleoPlan.com have put together a really exciting opportunity for you! When you purchase the $39 Primal Life Kit, you get 49 ebooks and other online products plus 14 discounts worth over $1500:
- 35 Paleo and Primal e-Cookbooks and Informational eBooks ($498 Value)
- 3 research papers by Dr. Loren Cordain ($15 Value)
- 1 Online Cooking Club subscription ($39 Value)
- 3 Fitness Programs ($67 Value)
- 2 Paleo Challenges ($44 Value)
- 2 Meal Plans ($69 Value)
- 2 Online Magazine Subscriptions ($36 Value)
- 1 Bonus Video about Eating Paleo on the Road
- 14 Discounts ($757+ Value) Learn more about it here