Breakfast can get a little bit challenging when you first go grain-free, as everything we are used to eating for our first meal of the day revolves around breads, pastries and sugary cereals.
I personally feel better and more energized if start my morning with some protein, but I can only eat eggs a few days in a row before I get tired of them.
I wasn’t sure whether I should call these hash browns or pancakes as they aren’t really either one, but they are sweet, somewhat starchy, protein-rich and everything I demand from my breakfast
1 cup of shredded yams or sweet potatoes
1/4 cup of pine nuts (optional)
1 tbsp of coconut flour
1/4 to 1/2 tsp of ginger powder
1/4 to 1/2 tsp of all spice or cinnamon
A pinch of masala (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl
- Heat some coconut oil on a skillet over medium heat
- Using a spoon, scoop some of the batter and put in the hot skillet making about 3-4 inch circles.
- Lower heat.
- Once they start to cook and the bottom of the pancake is golden brown, turn the pancake and cook the other side until yams are soft.
- Eat as is or top them with coconut butter and diluted date paste or your favorite pancake syrup.
Makes about 6