After going to 4 barbecues yesterday, I feel like I ate an entire cow, therefore, today I want to keep it light and vegan.
Spaghetti squash wasn’t available at the store and I had a pesto “pasta” craving, so I made these instead. They are naturally gluten-free, low-carb, low-calorie and faster to cook than regular pasta.
- Cut unpeeled zucchini lengthwise into thin noodles, you can use either a potato peeler or a mandolin slicer.
- In a large pot bring salted water to a boil.
- Add the noodles and cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, drain and serve.
- Top with vegan pesto or your favorite pasta sauce.
DO NOT over-cook the noodles, you want them flexible and slightly soft but not mushy.
The noodles from the first picture were cut with a potato peeler and the noodles form the second picture were cut with a mandolin slicer