Canned tomatoes… they sound so healthy and harmless, but did you know that acid in tomatoes breaks down the bisphenol-A from the can, leaching it into the food?
Don’t worry, this recipe will show you how easy it is to cook with fresh tomatoes; without the tart, salsa-like flavor. The secret is just to add carrots to it to give it a little sweetness
2 tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil
1 medium onion cut in 8
2 large chicken breasts cut in pieces
1 cup of chicken or bone broth
1 tbsp of arrowroot powder
2 medium carrots
5 Roma tomatoes
1 1/4 cup of full fat coconut milk, canned or preferably homemade
1 tbsp of italian seasoning
1 tbsp of fennel seeds
1 tbsp of finely chopped garlic
8 oz of sliced mushrooms
Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute the onions in the oil until tender.
- Add the chicken and brown stirring constantly.
- Meanwhile blend the carrots, tomatoes, arrowroot powder and broth until smooth.
- Add the tomato sauce, coconut milk, salt and spices to the chicken.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are tender.