A Baked Pancake? I know that baking in the morning sounds like just too much work, but this recipe is actually simplifying breakfast by not having to make and turn each pancake individually. Instead, you are only making one big one and while it bakes you can focus getting ready, picking up the kitchen, or making another dish.
I also know that a lot of people have a hard time turning pancakes without breaking or crumbling them, especially when working with grain-free flours, this recipe solves that problem.
2-4 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ½ cups of almond flour
½ tsp of baking powder
1/3 to ½ cup of water or coconut water
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 medium banana, sliced
coconut oil or butter for greasing the mold
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Using a blender combine all the ingredients (except the bananas) until the dates are completely ground.
- Grease a 7.5 x 11” baking dish
- Arrange the banana slices at the bottom of the bowl
- Pour the pancake mix over the bananas.
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle of the pancake comes out dry
- Serve as is or top with maple syrup or date paste (http://www.edibleharmony.com/date-paste/)