Ever since my daughter turned one I have been trying to come up with a tasty and creamy cake frosting that is dairy-free, soy-free and sugar- free… today she turned 3 and I finally got it.
She can finally have a more traditional looking birthday cake.
I’m posting this hoping that someone makes this for my birthday next year ( hint, hint)
1 cup of coconut oil
1 cup of full fat coconut milk, canned or homemade
1 tbsp of vanilla extract
5 tsp of arrowroot powder
4 tbsp of raw honey.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the vanilla, arrowroot, and coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and continue to cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Melt in the coconut oil and remove from heat.
- Once the mixture is at room temperature, mix in the honey using an electric mixer or immersion blender (coconut milk and oil will still separate at this point).
- Refrigerate overnight or for several hours until it hardens
- Whisk again using an electric mixer until it has a consistency similar to whipped cream
- Frost cake or cupcake and top with coconut flakes or fresh fruit